To book into this course. please do the following:
- Email email@example.com with the Subject “22269VIC Course in Tea Sommelier October 2017” with your full name, address, email address and contact number.
- We will then send you the course manual and student information pack, as well as details on how to complete the prior enrollment tasks (listed below).
- Once you have completed these tasks, we will then issue you with an invoice. A deposit of $500 is required to begin the course.
The Government Accredited 22269VIC Course in Tea Sommelier , seeks to equip food and beverages professionals such as coffee baristas, cafe owners, beverage managers and wine sommeliers with the additional skills to work effectively as tea connoisseurs – providing advice, selection, preparation and service of speciality tea.
The course will be delivered over a 3-day face-to-face workshop, supported with online learning activities.
The course consists of:
- online learning modules (referred to as ‘Tea 101’) to be undertaken in students own time up to 5 weeks prior to face-to-face workshops (approximately 10 hours total)
- 3 full days of face to face ‘workshop’ delivery
- Exams to be completed online
- 14 weeks of projects done via distance (96 hours)
The 22269VIC Course in Tea Sommelier requires the completion of 3 core units of competency:
- VU21606 Research and provide information on specialty teas
- VU21607 Provide specialty tea service for customers
- VU21608 Conduct ceremonial tea practices
22269VIC Course in Tea Sommelier is intended to provide you with the required skills and knowledge to work effectively as tea connoisseurs providing advice, selection, preparation, and service of specialty teas across a range of hospitality and related services industry sector.
Anticipated employment opportunities include:
- hospitality – specialist tea service / tea sommelier services
- extension of beverage services provided by cafés, restaurants, hotels and other hospitality/tourism enterprises
- exclusive tea service enterprises
- tea merchandising assistant
- tea sales assistant
Individuals enrolling into this course will have a general interest in tea. They may be currently employed at a tea house or restaurant and require the foundation skills of tea sommelier. Individuals may be employed as a barista, tea sales, or merchandising assistant or in the general hospitality industry and are required to upskill as a part of their job requirement.
This course is best suited to:
- those wishing to enter the hospitality industry as tea specialists
- those already employed in the hospitality industry seeking to expand their skills and knowledge of beverage services
- those holding Certificates II, III or IV in Hospitality, or related nationally recognised qualification/s, wishing to complement those qualifications with accredited specialty tea selection, preparation and serving competencies
Prior to enrolment, students are required to:
- complete a free online digital literacy skills test available here: http://www.digitalliteracy.eu/ and achieve a minimum score of 60%, demonstrating ability to use a personal computer, including basic word processing and electronic communication platforms and internet search engines
- complete our language, learning and numeracy skills assessment demonstrating a capacity in learning, reading, writing, oracy and numeracy competencies to Level 3 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF).
PRICING AND LAUNCH
Total course fee: AUD$1,550
- Deposit – $550
- First instalment (1 month after commencement) – $500
- Second instalment (2 months after commencement) – $500
No GST applies to nationally recognised training.
Course Costs include:
- All of the training and assessment required for students to achieve the qualification or course in which they are enrolling within the attempts allowed.
- One copy of the required text books and learning materials for each student unless otherwise stated on the Course Outline.
- Issuance of one set of certification documents including the testamur (certificate) and record of results and/or a Statement of Attainment (in the case of withdrawal or partial completion).
Students enrolled in this course will also receive:
- Tea packs (20 teas from around the world)
- Tea Sommelier Book (Australian Tea Masters, 2012)
- Cupping sets
- High quality tea tools (matcha whisks, chashaku, natsume)
Access to the online portal
Our inaugural Australian course will be held in late 2017.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.