Join us for the Annual Australian Tea Masters Tea and Culture experience. Hosted by Sharyn Johnston, Tea and Culture Korea and special guest host Babette Donaldson.
The tour will begin in Seoul. The tour will enable anyone interested in the unique teas of Korea and the deep culture of this wonderful land to experience Tea and Culture together which is a very important aspect of tea in Korea.
Sharyn Johnston has visited South Korea many times over the past years and in this time has developed a love and understanding of this country. She has been asked many times to take people on this unique journey as she has experienced, so its now time.
She has developed this tour with the amazing team from Tea and Culture who are some of the most experienced in their field.
You will not only study the teas of Korea, you will process tea, learn about the tea growing areas and many other amazing experiences.
This six day intensive Korean tea and culture tour will take you on to some new and exciting locations this year.
AN IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING OF KOREAN TEA AND TEA CULTURE
- You will not only study the teas of Korea, you will process tea, learn about the tea growing areas and you also will experience the following:
- The tour will take us from Seoul to Myunkyung for one day where you can buy excellent well priced Korean ceramics
- Attend two Boseong Tea festivals so you can meet many small tea farmers and share tea with them and enjoy the new seasons spring tea. There will be many traditional arts and crafts available as well as famous ceramic artists
- Visit the famous Boesong Tea Museum and meet with government officials
- Visit Tea Fields of Hadong and their Wild Tea Cultural Festival and meet small farmers
- Visit the Hadong Research Centre
Experience highly prized Monk Tea which is picked by hand in early dawn when morning dew is still fresh on the young tea leaves.
- This traditional Korean tea making techniques called Gujeunggupo, which means tea is heated nine times and dried nine times before being served.
- Receive an understanding of some of the unique teas of Korea, such as Bamboo Tea
- Experience traditional Korean lunches on the tour including the world famous kimchi and understand its importance to Korean life
- Experience staying in a traditional temple
Learn Korean flower arrangement and its significance in the tea ceremony
- Make your own teas using traditional tea making methods at the reseach and training centre
- Dress in traditional Korean clothing
- Learn how to make tea treats
- Experience the fresh traditional teas of Korea every day on tour
- Single Accommodation is included throughout the tour
It will be 6 days of a true tea and culture experience.
- 6 days of a true tea and culture experience
- Free nights to enjoy at your leisure so you can eat where you would like
- Excellent translators
- You will travel in an air-conditioned comfortable bus
Accommodation will be very comfortable
Space is limited to 8 people so place your interest asap!
Fee is USD $2,580.00
To register your interest please email us at email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
Please note that the tour fee does not include the cost of your international airfare or any domestic travel not stated in the itinerary. Passport and visa fees, as well as driver tips, are also not included. Any overweight baggage fees, taxes or charges, and charges due to cancellations or re-ticketing are at your own expense.
We highly recommend you purchase your own travel insurance.
We require a Deposit of USD$500 per person to reserve your space on the tour. We have a limited group size of 6 people.
If we, the organiser, need to cancel the tour for any reason, you will receive a refund of the full fee paid. We will not provide refund for any unused portion of the tour.
Australian Tea Masters Associations Pty. Ltd., and any of the companies, farmers, and suppliers associated with this tour accept not liability for illness, injury, damages, expenses or losses incurred in any relation to this tour.